Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Why you should NOT take up running....

My roommate read this and told me I needed to be careful because this might scare some folks, so here is your warning: 
IF YOU ARE A "NEWBIE" RUNNER...
DO NOT READ THIS!!!! 








I got the basic idea to write this when I was out for an 18-mile solo training run, on Monday afternoon. I jotted notes on paper and kept having trouble with formatting it, so its not perfect, but here it is...

     Shin splints
     Operations
     Muddy, very
     Energy draining
     Tripping and falling
      Illiptical Band Syndrome
     Metatarsals inflammation
   dEhydration
     Stress fractures

     Reptured bloody heels
     Undies chafing
   aNkle sprains
   teNdinitis of Achilles
     Intervals
  deNtal repairs
     Giant blisters

     Snot "rockets"
heaT poisoning
  fatIgue
     Nails on toes turned black
     Knee soreness
     Side stitches


    Sometimes running is no fun! 
   ...but then I remember why I do what I do! 
(other stuff from my lists that didn't fit well in there: calf strains, fevers, tumors, stomach aches, barfing, hallucinations, business in woods, frozen sweat... By the way, I carefully ONLY selected things that I have experienced since I began running, 9 years ago!)

Happy running! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment