Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Invisible tears

Fall '08 XC- this face says it all
 This does not have a specific rhyme or syllable count format and for that I suppose I should apologize- It is simply the thoughts flowing from my head, as I have learned that it is that type that often makes for the best poetry.

Sweat runs down my face
as I run fast as the wind.
Sun shines on the rain puddles
and reflects on my tears.
Nobody knows I'm crying-
the sweat mixes with tears.

A grin pasted on my face-
for the world to see.
Sometimes I have joy,
some days I'm boiling.
Anger, frustration, confusion-
fill my aching heart.

I finish running for now.
I should be studying,
but I take off for a swim
I am not finished weeping.
Nobody can see my tears,
in the chlorinated pool.

I pull myself together
to paste that smile on me,
for the world to see.
Yes, I am doing just fine,
inside of me, I'm normal-
Normal- like everybody else.

No comments:

Post a Comment