Sunday, October 2, 2011

ELLIE RANEY


I am not a poet nor am I an author which will be evident when you read this. However my love for my adopted daughter is intense. Our coming to grips with her NF have tested my faith and my sanity. The NF friends I have made have a very special spot in my heart and a special place in my prayers. I must mention Mira here- my almost 19 year old, she picks up the pieces of me and keeps me together.

ELLIE RANEY

She is too young to run a marathon
She is too fragile to ride a bike
Her friendship is free to all
There is no one she doesn't like

Only two hundred and ninty miles
Most of it in the fast lane
Leaving home before the sun is up
Never does she complain

The St. Louis Arch to many
Is beautiful, awesome and bright
Unless you are a little girl that knows
It means the end is in sight

Her waist is 18 inches
Her first scar is over half of that
She sweetly thanked her Doctors
When they stopped by to chat

Ellie came as a foster child
When she was little more than two
I am humbled God chose me to watch her
And I know he will see us through

We adopted her when she was five
She has won many hearts in town
Every shot, stick, poke she gets
Nothing brings this little girl down.

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful! By the way, I'm not a poet or an author, either. :)

    ReplyDelete