Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Thank you...

Thank you to the father who took me to that first cross country practice at 6:30am and who sat in his car, watching me struggle to run half a lap on the track.

Thank you to the mother who has always been my #1 cheerleader, but I know she had some doubt and fear about me finishing my first marathon.

Thank you to the student who once told me that he didn't think I would still be able to ride a bike, due to my loss of balance. That week I bought a cheap new bike.

Thank you to the NTID faculty person who I understood to have had told me that she thought I was too smart for those classes.

Thank you to all of the coaches I've had through six years of cross country and three years of track, but I thank one most of all, my first running coach.

Thank you to the endurance team that has supported me through everything, even though we are too spread apart to actually train together.

Thank you to the doctor who took some junk out of my back, sewed me up, asked how I was feeling and laughed when I said okay and then puked on his shoes.

Thank you to the friend who I met through facebook.com, before I came to RIT, and helped me realize who I am, even if she was blunt or harsh, I love you.

Thank you to the running club that patiently waits for every single person to finish every group training run and every race.

Thank you to the wonderful family who has opened their home to me and a group of amazing young ladies, numerous times, even though I'm always causing trouble.

Thank you to the NF doctor at Harvard who told me that I really should not swim at all, especially in open waters, due to my loss of balance. With caution, I ignored.

Thank you to my long time best friend, who has always been there for me, through the thick and the thin.

Thank you to the teacher who when I brought in a 23-page memoir draft for a 15-page assignment, told me I ought to write book, but I basically need to start over.

Thank you to the random people who have asked me how far I've ever run and when they get an answer, their jaws hit the floor and they called me insane.

Thank you to the doctors who have dealt with me, cut open my head - on numerous occasions, and gave me my ABI, so I can "hear" again.

Thank you to the wonder boy, my fiance, who always makes me feel like the most beautiful woman and loves me no matter what.

Thank you to everyone else who has made any impact on my life.

Thank you to God for making my life wonderful and continuing to do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment