Thursday, September 29, 2011

Gettin' high (the legal kind) - By: Anne S.


I got the idea to write about this when I should have been going to sleep, last night, so around 2am, with the lights turned off, while laying in bed, I wrote this, on my cell phone.  (This is me intertwined into feelings I have about how others view my running, in general, a perspective often ignored.)  I read it again when I woke up and still liked it, so here it is...

Some say this kind of high is crazy
Some say a weedless high is wild
Many say it cannot be
And its actin' like a child

What is this high?
Yes, I say- it can be
It is rare and most don't understand
Runnin' up the hills-  it can be.

I got mud and dirt splattered
all over me and I'm sweatin'
and my heart is fast beatin'.
I have to rush to a meetin'

Who you meetin' with?
My Lord, my God, my Savior-
I like chattin' with the big guy
While I'm runnin' some more

It makes everything worldly drift away
My worries, fears, and stress
Gettin' high, runnin' through the trees
Wearin' a smile on my face

I think about Him and I know
Everything is gonna be alright,
When I trust in Him,
To make my days so bright.

Where'd it come from?
What is that feelin' high?
I told ya most people don't understand.
They think its a little white lie.

Some say I don't feel pain,
When I get high like that.
Its not a drug though.
Raw brains can do that.

People see me runnin'
Mile after mile just flies on by
Always smilin' real big-
I promise the high isn't a lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment