Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Daddy said it was a space shuttle...


Been there done that
at least once per year
since I was seven
Dad first told me
it was a space shuttle
I got excited-
A ride to the moon

Mommy drove me 
to visit the shuttle
clouds and animals-
tucans, tigers, monkeys-
covered walls and ceilings.
There it was in a room,
the big space shuttle.

I kept coming back
every single year-
used to put me to sleep
They pricked my hand
I used to cry, cry, cry
It used to have stickers
Lion King stickers, inside

It is just plain white, now.
I am older and I know
it is not a space shuttle
They still prick my hand
I learned to lay still
It's really hard to not-
wiggle, wiggle, wiggle

I still come back
every single year
It used to be very loud
but now the tube is silent.
I used to get a toy-
Now I just get a CD,
and schedule another.







No comments:

Post a Comment