Monday, September 24, 2012

Purple toe-nails, blisters, pain and more... all for a CURE!

Yesterday, I woke up at 5:30am to go run my 6th full-marathon. Steve was wise enough to sleep through most of this! Anyways, I carpooled over to the starting line with some people from the running club and Steve picked me up at the end! ;-)
I wore my NF Team shirt, as usual, to promote awareness and help find a cure for NF. (This was not an official NF Team event.) Our conversation was brief, but there was a man who came up behind me around mile 17 or so, who told me that his brother had NF. He recognized my team shirt and said that he should have worn his but had not worn it that day!

Steve and I will be running NYC Marathon in November, and we have yet to reach our fundraising minimum, much less our goal. Please check it out here.... http://ctf.kintera.org/NFEnewyorkcity2012/anneshigley

(Check out our letter here, as posted in previous blog entry:  http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=2437717822165880323#editor/target=post;postID=10847343610444969)

Here is a great short video about the NF team:

This was before the beating up our bodies...

This is me at about mile 22 or 23... my slowest marathon, so far, (5:45) but at least I finished...

And this was after the race with the other full-marathoners. I told them they could go home but I think they wanted to get this picture! I was too tired to think to get a picture with Steve... (He took this picture!) ...

Thanks for reading! 







No comments:

Post a Comment