Sunday, August 5, 2012

RIP Ashley Zowine

This was a blog post that either my friend "Bee" or I began to write back in February, when she passed away, but I just noticed it was still in my blog list, as a unpublished draft, so I decided to finish  it and publish. All that was written at the time was the following....

"NF2 claimed another of our own recently. Ashley Zowine was 25 and died of pneumonia from complications of surgery. I admit that I didn't know her well, but we met a few years ago."

Anyways, Ashley and I  met during a trip to NYC, of a bunch of gals and one guy, all of whom had NF2. I will never forget that trip and it meant the world to me. It was great to be with other people who all had the same disorder. Here is a picture from the trip. Left to right: Anne (me), Christina, Ashley, Michael, Kristina, Jessica, Amber. Bee also came on this trip but is not in this picture.  Now, Ashley is watching over us, from heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment